Wednesday, November 26, 2008

thankful

I am thankful that 2008 is nearly over.

I am thankful that my husband and I have each other, and that our marriage did not suffer in spite of a very trying year.

I am thankful for the wonders of science and reproductive technology, which give me hope for having a family the new-fashioned way.

I am thankful for sperm donors. I don't care what their motives were, the results they make possible are priceless.

I am thankful for bloggers. If not for all these people sharing their experiences, I would feel woefully alone and at the mercy of doctors and insurance companies. I learn from them and take comfort in reading about so many successes.

I am thankful for my family and friends; for not pressing for more detail than I am comfortable sharing and for always being ready to listen and encourage when I need a supportive ear.

I am, most of all, thankful for my husband. The trials we've been through in 2008 I would not have experienced without him, but without him I would not be trying to start a family and I would miss him as I did before we met. I love you, C.

No comments: