Saturday, April 4, 2009

more than two; fewer than four

Three eggs fertilized.

When I heard they'd retrieved eleven, I was concerned that they might do the assisted hatching on too many embryos and I'd either be coerced into transferring more than I'd be comfortable with, or some would be wasted because I think you can't freeze an embie that's had a hole cut in it. I coached C on exactly what I wanted to ask the embryologist, or what I wanted him to ask if I weren't home to take the phone call. I needn't have worried. We have three fertilized eggs as a result of this cycle. I'm thankful for those three. There will be nothing to freeze, and that's OK. I just want something to transfer on Monday.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'll be thinking of you on Monday!

IrishNYC said...

I'm so excited and hopeful for you, B! I'll be thinking good thoughts for you all day and for the next 2 weeks. Get in there and stick little embies!