Saturday, February 11, 2012

still nothing

I managed to sleep a whopping 4 1/2 hours last night. Really. That's an improvement. I sleep in 70-90-minute intervals until my hips or my back wake me up. Then, I get up and walk around a bit, drink a glass of water, wait for some contractions to happen so I can time them, and eventually go back to sleep. So far, the contractions haven't done anything better than 5-6 minutes apart for about two hours before petering off to nothing.

I think I forgot to mention that I gained 7 pounds in the last week. It's all in my ankles and feet. My shoes still fit, though, because it's all squishy and malleable. Pressing with my fingers leaves a dent that lasts about 10 minutes before filling back in. None of it hurts at all... just feels wierd when I wriggle my toes.

Every time a contraction starts, I wonder if this is the start of everything.

I am constantly tidying up after myself so that if something starts NOW, I won't leave a mess behind.

Even with her pants around her ankles (after sitting on the potty), minimizing her stride, Charlotte can outrun me from the bathroom to her room... where she disappears under the guest bed and I can't reach her. Our biggest frustration with her, our only one really, is that she does not come when we ask her to. Instead, she giggles and laughs like not coming is the best joke in the world. I know she just wants to play and be chased and caught, but I'm not up to the chasing part at the moment.

I hope tonight is the night.

3 comments:

IrishNYC said...

Eeeesh! Good luck! Come out Maggie!

Kate said...

Hoping hoping hoping hoping hoping

Della was 9 days late, and that was long enough to truly freak me out. I hope Maggie shows up, say, now.

LOVE
Kate

Lisa said...

Hoping your silence today means Maggie decided to join the world outside!