1) Thank the person(s) who nominated you for this award
2) Copy the award and place it in your blog
3) Link to the person(s) who nominated you for this award
4) Tell us 7 interesting things about you
5) Nominate 7 bloggers and link to their blogs
I guess I've already covered 1 through 3, so on to the 7 interesting things. I hope I can come up with that many.
1. I've landed every job I ever interviewed for, including one for which I was unqualified (but performed admirably because I learned quickly). My various positions have ranged from bus company dispatcher to forester to retail store manager to tax preparer.
2. I love Eeyore and do not believe he's a pessimist at all. He's a roll-with-the-punches, go-with-the-flow kind of guy, just like me. Any day you haven't lost your tail is a good day. Everything else is gravy.
3. The more time I spend in a store, the less money I spend. I tend to walk around in circles, reconsidering what I've selected, and eventually it all goes back where it came from.
4. My earliest memory is from my 2nd Halloween, when I was 19 months old. There were styrofoam cups of cider on desks in a classroom. I wanted one, but couldn't reach high enough. Later, I learned that there were doughnuts beside the cider, but I was too short to see them.
5. I don't believe in fate or astrology or horoscopes, but I've noticed on a few occasions that life tells me when I need to make a major change. Sometimes, it's as subtle as feeling restless and unsettled. Other times, it's as violent as a car accident and getting evicted. I guess you could say that I feel guided. Somehow, I always end up where I should be.
6. I tend to click right away with folks born within 2 days of my birthday, but we don't get along long-term. I hope Ishkabible is born more than 2 days before or after my birthday.
7. I lost my faith in humanity once, in a D'Angelo sandwich shop when I was a college sophomore. A few weeks later, my faith was restored thanks to a student from Iran and a Chris DeBurgh cassette.
And now to nominate 7 bloggers who I'd like to hear more about... some of my instinctive selections have already received every award under the sun, so I'll let them off the hook on this one. The folks I'm naming are at several different stages of TTC. Their insights remind me of where I came from and where I'm going.
1. Lisa at How Babies Are Really Made
2. Sarah at Dreams and False Alarms
3. BB at Baby to Be
4. Amy and Melissa at Amy and Melissa's Baby Blog
5. Emily at Oh Emily's Weblog
6. Nic at Trying for a Baby
7. PJ at Infertility on the Brain!
I wish us all great success!