Thursday, November 19, 2009

22w0d- SURPRISE!

I had a routine appointment with the midwife today, during which she asked if I'd gotten the swine flu vaccine yet. When I said I hadn't, and that the closest I'd gotten was a waiting list with my PCP who can't say for certain that they'll even get the vaccine, she said she had some and I could get the shot today. Of course I jumped all over that opportunity, and was very happy to note that they administer the single-dose, pre-filled syringe variety which is preservative (aka. thimerasol, aka. mercury)-free!

So, newly vaccinated, I might be able to relax a little at our Thanksgiving gatherings. If someone sneezes, I might still stay for pie. As long as they don't sneeze ON the pie.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Yay Pie!

So, dear one, let me know about tea- not sure if my email to you went into the Yahoo void, but we can meet in concord maybe? it is halfwayish
and they have a starbucks where we could linger.
If this season is too full, no worries. I'm here.

Happy flu shot! one less thing to worry about!
22weeks, that is so wonderful.

take care,
Kate