Monday, October 13, 2008

fingers crossed

I am incredibly optimistic this cycle. Not that I haven't been optimistic before, but this time I feel confidence on top of optimism. On the "scientific" side, my BBT rose (predictably) above my ovulation temperature on Sunday, the day after the second insem. Our timing was spot-on, again. I felt something going on in the neighborhood of my ovaries on Friday and Saturday- ovulation pain, perhaps? Then there are the superstitious excuses for optimism, the biggest being lucky number 18.

Anyhow, we did the second insem on Saturday. C went with me, but stayed in the car and napped while I was in the office. I was grateful for the company on the drive and didn't need him to go into the office with me, although he did offer. So now we wait and I try not to overanalyze every little twinge and ache. I can test on the 24th. I may be kind of quiet between now and then, avoiding this environment that's focused on ttc. I will try not to think about it every minute of every day.

No comments: