Tuesday, March 16, 2010

twiddling my thumbs

Nothing happening yet. We tried (spicy) Chinese food and romance last night. It was enjoyable, and somewhat laughable (my belly is HUGE), but totally ineffective. As they say, the baby will come when the baby is ready. I have my 39-week appointment with one of the doctors in the practice tomorrow. Ishka was estimated at 6 pounds 12 ounces last Thursday, so we're likely just over 7 pounds now- I have no worries about an "oversized" baby, so even though I am eager and anxious to get this baby out, I'm not going into tomorrow's appointment to ask for inducton. Nature has been good to us this pregnancy (once we got pregnant, that is), and I'm not going to rock the boat now.

That said, I soooo want to meet Ishkabibble NOW! I am utterly useless at work, and just about everything I usually do has been farmed out so there's not much to do anyhow. I feel like I am wasting my time here in my office (yes, blogging at work... bad employee, I am) when I could be washing the kitchen floor or vacuuming the baby's room.

Waiting for Ishkabibble... that's the focus of my life for the time-being.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Fingers crossed it happens soon for you!! I wish I had some helpful tips and tricks that worked for us but Jack just came when he was ready.

To answer your question on my blog. We tried some other carriers but Jack didn't settle down like he does in the Moby. We also like it cause we can carry him in different positions with it.

Kate said...

waiting, of course! how could it be otherwise?
So curious about how and when and where and WHO this little person will be!

hope your appointment goes well, and that you are as comfortable as you can be.

sending love,
Kate