Thursday, December 11, 2008

quietly muddling through December

I think I'm part of a noticeable trend in blog-land this month. Most of the blogs I follow have been very quiet lately, maybe as an after-effect of NaBloPoMo or maybe due to the hectic holiday season. Or perhaps, like me, many just have nothing of great import to say this month as we gear up for a new year and all the hope that a clean slate, or at least a fresh calendar, brings.

In spite of taking the month "off," TTC is still ever-present on my mind. I still poke a thermometer in my mouth before opening my eyes each morning. I P'dOAS today in anticipation of the +OPK I expect to see tomorrow. I'm observing my cycle this month to see if, in the absence of sperm, I revert to my old norm of 28 days. I ovulate very regularly, or at least I believe I do (never been monitored, so who really knows?) based on OPKs and BBT and CM, on the 15th or 16th day of each cycle. The extra days of my IUI cycles were during the luteal phase, which has me guessing that some kind of sperm-egg reaction took place each month. I take it as an indication that our timing was perfect, but either the resulting embie was non-viable or my uterus wasn't as welcoming as it should have been. I can't wait to hear what the RE has to say about my theories. Only 28 days until my appointment- hurray!

I'm still enjoying the perks of a month without TTC- the port is half gone and I enjoyed a beer at the office holiday party. Dark chocolate has become my nightly indulgence. Just a small bit, since I am also working on losing the pounds put on since our IF diagnosis in July. I haven't had sushi yet. For some reason, I keep forgetting about sushi. Maybe this weekend. I'm going to a concert tonight with my brother, who alo enjoys sushi, so I'll ask him if he'd like to have lunch with me on Saturday. If not, there's always take-out. I'll pick up a nice steak grinder for C and a lunch-box of sushi for myself. There's a good sub shop next-door to the sushi place.

That's all for today. I hope everyone out there is having a wonderful holiday season.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with ya! Good luck on this months cycle.

Anonymous said...

Are you still waiting? I hope you have a nice Christmas!