Wednesday, December 16, 2009

25w6d- double digits!

99 days to go! Ishka celebrated by having a little dance party at 2:30 this morning. I honestly believe this is the first time the baby has woken me up. I've been sleeping more lightly than my norm, so little things like a cat repositioning himself or an ache developing in my back have been the usual culprits. I worry that I'm not drinking enough... I haven't had to get up in the middle of the night to pee at all during this pregnancy (I probably just jinxed myself). I think I make up for that during the day, though.

Still no cravings, no aversions. I enjoy the occasional cup of (decaf) coffee now (especially when someone at work leaves a box of doughnuts next to the coffee maker). My next MW appointment is Monday, so I'll know then how much weight I've gained and I'll be tested for gestational diabetes (oh, yippee). I must remember to ask if we'll have any more u/s opportunities, or if we've had our last look at Ishka until birth. I'd like to see at least one or two more times, just for peace of mind. We're still strong on the "we don't want to know" front, although there have been a few moments when I seriously considered the benefits of knowing Ishkabibble's gender ahead of time.

I hope everyone out there is having a wonderful holiday season!

3 comments:

BB said...

Yay - for the double digits! :) Good luck with your GD test! I have heard that normally you do get at least one scan around 30-32 weeks... I am sure your MW might oblige if you push a little.

Lisa said...

Wow, under 100 days! Congrats, and glad to hear all is going well.

IrishNYC said...

I never got up much during the night, either. I definitely made up for it during the day. At about 20 weeks I flew from Boston to Richmond and had terribly anxiety about the flight - so anxious I was afraid to get up. I was ready to burst by the time we landed. I just about mowed a few people down trying to get off the plane when we landed. I'm pretty sure I cried to make someone get out of my way. Then when I was about 25 weeks I took Amtrak from NY to MA and I was up and down so many times I'm sure people thought I was crazy.

Good luck with the glucose test!