Monday, September 28, 2009

a little online shopping

I'm wearing maternity clothes today, and I LOVE them. Although the shirt is a little low-cut for my taste, so I have a lightweight scarf strategically draped around my neck. I have fallen in love with Old Navy's yoga pants. Their clothes never seemed to fit me properly before, but so far the maternity clothes have all been perfect. Even the length of the jeans (in "short") and the yoga pants are just right. And comfy! Above all else, that's what I was looking for. So, this is my wardrobe for the next 6 months or so. Luckily, I work in an extremely casual office.

I also ordered a prenatal yoga DVD and a doppler (under $35!), plus a few books recommended by my midwife. C still hasn't heard Ishkabibble's heartbeat yet. As soon as I located it Saturday, the baby moved and I lost it. I think Ishka doesn't like to be spied on. I plan to start doing the yoga tomorrow and really look forward to increasing my activity level. I've been a complete lump since about the 7-week mark. Now that the hangover has mostly subsided, I think a little exercise may wake me up a little. As it is, I am ready for a nap by the time I step out of the shower each morning, need another at about 2:00, and want to go to bed for the night by 7. True, I get up at 5, so that would only be 10 hours of sleep. but I'd like to stay awake a little more, and be more alert when I am awake, and I think exercise might help.

2 comments:

IrishNYC said...

YOu'll probably start to have a bit more energy now between the yoga and being in the second trimester. I felt great in the second tri - I had energy, wasn't always so tired, and wasn't aching yet.

Kate said...

So glad you found some comfortable clothes!
And most of all, so glad things are going so wonderfully and well. thinking of you and continuing to wish you all good things,

kate